- M.D. (Community Medicine)
Name : M.D. (Community Medicine)
Sort Name : MD(Comm. Med)
Level : Post-graduate Degree
Duration : Three year full time
M.B.B.S. including one continuous rotating internship in any University recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Recognition : MCI
Intake capacity(Max) : 11
Enroll Procedure :
Criteria: All India entrance examination (written multiple choice questions including all subjects of M.B.B.S. course(50% of the seats).
State Entrance examination (written multiple choice questions including all subjects of M.B.B.S. course conducted by West Bengal University of Health Sciences(50% of the seats).The admission details can be obtained from the website www.thewbuhs.org
At the end of the postgraduate training in Community Medicine, the student shall be able to:
- Plan, organize, implement, monitor and evaluate outcomes and impact of health care programs and services.
- Apply the principles and process of health management to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the national health programs.
- Acquire the epidemiological know how and understand the dynamics of transmission of common communicable diseases for necessary measures to prevent and control diseases.
- Identify through community diagnosis, the social, cultural, environmental and psychological a factors influencing health behavior and apply these principles in community level intervention program.
- Integrate the know-how of diagnosis and management of health issues with the science of public health practice and expertise of health communication.
- Critically appraise National health policies, priorities and approaches.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate teaching / learning sessions for medical and paramedical personnel.
- Design research protocols, collect and analyses data on Biomedical, epidemiological, social and health service issues.
- Apply knowledge of epidemiology and Biostatistics to interpret reports and publications.
- Function as an effective leader of a health team engaged in health care, research and training
Cource Type : Long Term